Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Year of Blogging: December 5, 2011

December 5 was 'Bathtub Party Day'. Ok, I understand the desire to take a long hot bath. I haven't done it in a while, mainly because it's hard enough to step in and out of our tub when I use the shower, I'm not sure I could get out of the actual tub easily! But there was a time in my life that I enjoyed a nice hot bath. I never took bubble baths- bubbles are not a good idea when you have so many allergies like I do (although now I probably could find a nice neutral scent like vanilla). I liked to take my baths by candlelight, it helped relax me. Some suggest a glass of wine, and that's fine if you like it. But I don't understand the 'party' part of the day. Because a party implies other people are there. I'm not a person who likes to take a bath in front of others. I'm not even comfortable being in a bathing suit in front of other people. So there will be no party in my bathroom. Although, maybe an alternative to having a party is to have kind of a virtual party. Maybe you and several friends can take baths at the same time- but in your own homes! You could even call each other and talk on the phone (if you want to take the risk of phones around water...). That sounds better than everyone being in ONE place watching you take a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment