Friday, December 16, 2011

A Year of Blogging: December 16, 2011

December 16 is 'Chocolate Covered Anything' day. I'd have to say my favorite chocolate covered anything is chocolate covered cherries. I like the ones with the liquid in them, but not the ones that have the white stuff. I don't know what the white stuff is called officially. I think those are called cherry cordials, but I could be wrong. This time of year is a wonderful time to buy chocolate covered cherries. Erich bought me a box of them a couple of weeks ago. I found myself eating all of them, so I bought another box for 'us'. Ok, I bought two boxes because they were 2/$6. I came home and he said he doesn't eat them. I was better off thinking he did, because I realize I've eaten half the box already. They are just so good! People cover all kinds of things with chocolate. It seems the most popular lately is chocolate covered bacon. I haven't tried it. I like bacon, occasionally. It has to be very crispy. I can't imagine the crispy bacon dipped in chocolate though. Then again, I was skeptical about chocolate covered potato chips. A local candy store offers them for a limited time each year. Chocolate covered potato chips are actually delicious. And irresistible. Which makes sense. Who can eat one potato chip or one piece of chocolate? Enjoy your favorite chocolate covered treat today. Just try to do so in moderation. Yeah, right!

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate, but I don't agree to put it on pretty much anything. I never liked the combination of sweet and savory, so chocolate covered potato chips are not on my "let's try this" list.

    ReplyDelete