Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Year of Blogging: December 8, 2011

December 8 is 'National Brownie Day'. Seems like I've told you before that I love brownies. They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If you want to get on my good side, just bring me brownies. Mom always had boxes of brownie mix on hand. It was something easy we could make for dessert or a snack for lunches. I always have brownie mixes too. No, I do not make them from scratch. I believe there is no reason to make them from scratch when Betty Crocker does such a great job. Mom said she used to make them from scratch, and then she tried the mix once and Dad preferred that, so she stuck with it. The baking section of my pantry is overflowing. I have too many brownie mixes, actually. Our store today had triple coupons, and I had coupons for brownie mixes. You had to buy two for each coupon, but they were $1.00 coupons, so that meant $3 off! It's okay, I make brownies frequently. Erich likes them just as much as I do. He likes the edges where it's harder, and I like the centers. It works out well! In fact, I just made brownies the other day. There's still a couple left, so I think one is in my future tonight. I do have to give a shout out to my friend Patricia. She made the most incredible orange brownies. She just might convert me away from chocolate brownies! I have the recipe, and need to make them, sometime. I suppose I could make them and give them out with Christmas cookies... we'll see. I already have quite a few projects planned, I really don't need any more baking ideas. Do you like your brownies frosted or not? I prefer them without frosting. Sydney does too. Mom made them with frosting one time. The next time Mom made brownies with Sydney, I was there. Sydney wagged her little finger at Mom and said 'Don't frost them this time, MeMe!' Hopefully, you also have brownies at home so you can enjoy one tonight. Because no doubt, this post has made you hungry. It has me. So now it's time to make a brownie sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment