Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Year of Blogging: July 5, 2011

July 5 was Work-a-Holic Day. You know the type: the people who stay at the office until very late at night, and come in at the crack of dawn. The kind that make you think 'did they even go home?' The people who never take a holiday or vacation, and feel they always have to be at the office. Those are work-a-holics. I have a very strong work ethic, but I've never been accused of being a work-a-holic. Sure, there has been the odd time that I've brought work home with me, but it is rare. And even those times I have done it, I have a hard time motivating myself to work on it at home. Work stays at work. Well, except my brain doesn't always shut off, so there are nights I dream about work, but that doesn't make me a work-a-holic. I take too many vacations to be a work-a-holic. I like my vacations. In fact, I just booked another trip today! It is, no surprise, to Albany. I'm going for a long weekend for Syd & Drew's birthday party. Six weeks after that trip, I take off to NY again for a cousin's wedding, then to Myrtle Beach for a few days. Yeah, I'm a hard worker, and I give 200% when I'm at the office, but work is a way to pay for the vacations. At least until I write the great American novel!

2 comments:

  1. Ack, they made a day of that!?
    You know the saying that you should work for a living and not live for working, or something like that. I totally agree on this. And working to finance vacations is the right way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work for a living. That's me. But work is not my life. Far from it!

    ReplyDelete