Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Year of Blogging: July 2, 2011

July 2 is 'I Forgot Day'. Some days are memorable, others are days that just fade into the fabric of your daily life. Apparently, today is supposed to be one of those days. Holidayinsights.com said 'hopefully you aren't getting married today'. I find that amusing. My parents are at a wedding this weekend. One of my dad's best friends' son is getting married today. I guess no one told the happy couple that July is an unlucky month for weddings, and July 2 is 'I Forgot Day'. On the other side, if the husband should ever forget their anniversary, at least he has an excuse... You could choose to make amends today for forgetting something. Maybe it was a friends' birthday, your anniversary, or to look after a neighbor's plants when they were out of town. Today you could appear with flowers or a card and apologize for forgetting. However, if you forgot a dinner companion was allergic to nuts and served them your chicken in peanut sauce, it might take more than flowers or a card. On July 2, 1776, Congress voted for Independence. John Adams thought July 2 would be a day celebrated for ages. Yet, we celebrate Independence Day on July 4, the day the Declaration of Independence was adopted. So, the importance of July 2 has been forgotten in the minds of Americans. How very appropriate then, that today is 'I Forgot Day'.

1 comment:

  1. Make that a I Forgot Month. I'm old enough already to be rather, uhm, selective, with the things I do(n't) remember.

    ReplyDelete