Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Year of Blogging: July 13, 2011

July 13 is 'Embrace Your Geekness Day'. A geek is a highly intelligent technically oriented person. Not to be confused with a nerd, who is a highly intelligent person without the technical abilities. At least according to www.holidayinsights.com . When I grew up, the terms were interchangeable. I know I am a nerd. There's never been a question of that. As a child, I always preferred staying inside with a good book to being outside in the sun. I pulled mostly A's through high school. I have always been smart. While there are times I may act a little ditzy, I do not take kindly to people insulting my intelligence. That makes me very mad! I'm not sure if you could classify me as a geek though. Perhaps I am borderline geek. I use the computer all the time. I blog. I'm on Facebook. Now I have a Nook as well. But I do not tweet (I created a twitter account months ago and have made just one tweet). I don't post videos on YouTube, or spend hours watching other people's videos on YouTube. Although, as soon as I figure out how to download videos from the video camera, I will start posting videos of the beagles. I do a lot of shopping online. I know enough about computers to troubleshoot minor problems, but if it gets to something big like the keyboard locking up, I have to call in my resident geek- none other than our Network Administrator, Erich. Remember when we were in school and it wasn't cool to be a geek or a nerd? The more electronic our society becomes, the more cool it is to be a geek. We all have a little geek in us, and today is the day to celebrate that geekiness. Embrace your inner geek. I think a good place to start would be to start playing 'Angry Birds' (Seriously! What is UP with that game- everywhere I turn people are talking about it.... I think I need to check it out!).

2 comments:

  1. No matter whether they call us geeks or nerds. For a good book they can call me anything they want!

    Uhm, by the way, you will probably need a CABLE to download the videos to the computer, muahahaha!!! Just teasing ;-) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I have cables for the video camera. And actually, I can pop the little card doohickey out of it and put it directly into the laptop.

    ReplyDelete