Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Year of Blogging: May 23, 2011

May 23 was Lucky Penny Day. Lucky Pennies are the pennies you find on the ground. I prefer to think of those as Pennies from Heaven. I'm a spiritual person, and I find comfort in the idea that a loved one is looking out for me. Sydney has a great knack for picking up money on the street. I think she's picked it up from my Dad. Dad will stop whether it's a penny, a quarter, or sometimes, even a dollar. Since Sydney is closer to the ground than the adults, she spots the money before my dad, and scoops it up. We were at the outlet mall, and she spotted a shiny penny on the ground. We had just been in the same area a few minutes before, and she didn't see it there on our way through the first time. She reached down and picked up the penny, so excited to find it. I told her about Pennies from Heaven. She listened, and then her face lit up. She said 'GG sent it!' and clutched the penny to her chest. She told Mom to put the penny in a very safe place, because her GG sent it to her. Now when she finds a penny, she will know one of her angels is right there too.
Pennies from Heaven I found a penny today Just laying on the ground But it’s not just a penny This little coin I’ve found

Found pennies come from heaven That’s what my Grandpa told me He said Angels toss them down Oh how I loved that story

He said when an angel misses you They toss a penny down Sometimes just to cheer you up To make a smile out of a frown

So don’t pass by that penny When you’re feeling blue It may be a Penny from Heaven That an Angel’s tossed to you

Copyright © 1998 C Mashburn

No comments:

Post a Comment