Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Year of Blogging: May 11, 2011

May 11 is 'Eat What You Want' Day. It's a day to set aside your diet and enjoy something you might not otherwise eat. Note, it is not 'Eat EVERYTHING You Want Day'. Just something you might not otherwise enjoy. I'm not really big on diets. I don't have enough willpower. I try to eat better. I enjoy eating salads. I don't eat a lot of fried foods. But to actually say I'm on a diet- well, that's just not going to happen. Tonight we had a very yummy salad for dinner. It was actually what I wanted. The last time I made chicken and dumplings, I cut up the leftover chicken and had it on a salad for lunch the next day. It was a delicious accident. One of those things that you wonder why you don't make it on a regular basis. So tonight, I replicated that. I cooked the chicken slowly, in chicken broth, just like I do for chicken and dumplings. When the chicken was done, instead of making dumplings, I made a salad. I made a big salad- lettuce, cucumbers, chicken, diced hard boiled egg, cheese, and my favorite dressing. Now I know, I eliminated any of the healthy benefits of the salad by covering it in 1000 Island dressing. But it tasted so good! It was tasty and satisfying. I think, it was the perfect thing to eat on 'Eat What You Want Day'.

1 comment:

  1. I don't diet either. Just thinking about a diet actually makes me gain weight. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete