Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Year of Blogging: May 14, 2011

May 14 is 'Dance Like a Chicken Day'. So today is the day to do the chicken dance. May I just say 'UGH!' I despise the chicken dance. I can't count the number of weddings I've been to where they've done the chicken dance. To me, it ranks right up there with the electric slide and the hokey pokey. When it was my turn to be the bride, the dj was forbidden from playing any of these songs. I wrote it into the contract. My guests tried, but they were denied. It was refreshing not seeing a bunch of adults flapping their arms like wings. Sadly, Erich thinks the chicken dance is great. He sometimes spontaneously bursts into the chicken dance. He would love to go to Oktoberfest Zinzinnati to drink beer, eat brats, and dance with thousands of other people in the chicken dance. They even created special hats for the chicken dance- big stuffed chickens which sit on top of your head. The 'hat' part is the chicken's body. He doesn't go though, because he hates crowds. So he dances along in the living room while the news plays footage. Lucky me. My guess is not many people know today is Dance Like a Chicken day, or there would be giant chicken dance parties all over the place. I'm thankful there aren't!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, indeed. That was only funny when I was like, uhm, four years old.

    ReplyDelete